Saturday, May 29, 2010

Zucchini chips are awesome!

Last night's dinner was a total success!!  I met up with Heather and Linda at Blue Fig in New City.  The food was delicious and though it's not everything, the price was just about perfect.  There's an outside area so we got to enjoy the beautiful weather with our dinner.  We split an appetizer of zucchini chips with tzatiki sauce and I had grilled shrimp with rice and veggies for dinner.  There is sort of a Mediterranean feel to the menu though it's not exclusive.  Heather's penne vodka and Linda's chicken portobello sandwhich both looked amazing as well...and we all became members of the clean plate club.  Linda and Heather both had desserts that look yummy, I did a good job of sticking to my healthy eating plan.    I'm pretty sure this is as close to a picnic as I'm going to get this weekend so I'm glad it was this good!

Tonight it's off to the Memorial Day Watch Fires on Clausland Mountain.  I've never been and will be going with a group of Officer BF's friends.  It's a giant bonfire that's watched all night in honor of all the lives given.  I read an article today and they date back all the way to the American Revolution.  I couldn't believe that I didn't know about them before this year.  It should be a good time and I get to see the man in his dress uniform, which I will admit is something I love!  Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment