Monday, May 31, 2010

Great Holiday Weekend!

The Watchfire in Orangeburg is a beautiful, dramatic event.  I met up with some friends and got a ride to the top of the mountain around 11 and got to watch Officer BF in action with the honor guard.  There was a nice ceremony followed by the lighting of the GIANT watchfire.  The watchfire is lit every year to help guide the souls of soldiers home again.  We were out with veterans (the BF included) from the Army and USMC and I know that it touches them in a way I will never understand.  I can appreciate the job that the men and women do but can't imagine what it would be like to lose someone in the ways these men have.

I'm adding before and after pics which aren't great because it's dark, but you'll get the idea.  Officer BF joined us after the ceremony was completed and we stayed out with a variety of friends until 4am.  Long night, but for a wonderful reason!



Yesterday was spent recovering from the long night...Officer BF and I are slowly working our way through Rescue Me and Lost.  I've seen all the Lost episodes so it's great to review after the finale last week.  He's seen Rescue Me and won't even "let" me watch them alone.  He went off to work last night, I organized my closet!  This is leading to another bag for the donation boxes so it's all good!

This morning I was up early to meet up with my band students for the Memorial Day parade in West Nyack.  The kids did a great job in the hot, hot sun!  I think the community and veterans really appreciate them coming out on the holiday weekend.

It's back to work tomorrow...only 4 more weeks until summer!   To be even more specific, 10 days of regular classes and then 9 days of finals/make-ups.  Woo hoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment