Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Another loss and something gained

I'm down another 1.6lbs as of this morning!!  I was nervous getting on the scale and I think I actually said "Yes!" out loud when I saw the numbers.  Yes, I talk to myself and the cat when I'm home alone.  It's dorky but it keeps Hazel and I happy. 

Hazel woke me up in the middle of the night with an upset tummy, gross!!  I hate it when I get woken up because it's so hard for me to get back to sleep.  My mind starts spinning and I can't turn it off.  Anyone out there have that same issue?  Any suggestions to make it stop??

I've been working hard the past week to stay on track with food which is my biggest weakness.  I love it!!  I've tried to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies and avoid the bad stuff.  This was made more challenging by birthday parties, leftovers and social gatherings.  But, if I keep up with the workouts some of the little slips seem to be forgiven.  So, not as big a loss as last week, but still a very respectable number.

I had another shooting lesson and I'm really starting to enjoy it.  It's amazing what success will do for your confidence level.  I'm lucky to have a very patient teacher in Officer BF.  I'm not a good student because I get frustrated easily when I don't have immediate success.  He keeps me focused and has really helped me feel more comfortable with what I'm doing.  I'll be honest, I love the Sig!

I'm working on finishing up my last paper for my 2nd graduate class.  Educational Supervision and Accountability is a real challenge and trying to write from the perspective of an administrator as opposed to a teacher is proving tough.  I'll get it, just need to keep plugging away at it.  I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with this degree when I finish it I'm hoping that I'll get some clarity as I keep working.

Off to finish off my school day, teach a lesson and then hit the gym.  It's rainy and gross so I'm hoping for a nice run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment