Monday, May 3, 2010

6 mile mark!


I ran 6 miles yesterday! It's the first 10K (almost) run I've done and I'm a little achy today, but I finished. Now, I just have to keep up with workouts the rest of this week and I'll be onto something! I did my run on the path that runs from Nyack to Piermont and it's just gorgeous. It's so inspiring to run along the river. That, and Nyack Beach are my 2 favorite places to jog. When I hear "The Hudson" come on the ipod while I'm running it's even better.

New restuarant update: Went to the Sidewalk Bistro in Piermont last week with friends and it was a fantastic dinner! We had a salmon tartar and pizza for appetizers and I had scallops sauteed with homemade spinach pappardelle for my entree. AMAZING. The sauce had saffron infused into and was so yummy. Desserts were delicious as well, the apple tart was topped with rich vanilla ice cream and the cheese plate was a great savory dessert with grapes and apples.

I'm trying hard to get back on the diet wagon. I'm reading 'The Runners Diet" and hoping that helps me stay on track. Sparkpeople is helping with the calorie tracking...but does require me to actually do it. I actually tracked all weekend which is a big step in the right direction.

My biggest success, and a great time, was brunch with the girls on Sunday. My closest friends from HS were all in town the same day (a minor miracle!) and we got together for coffee, fruit and cake. I filled my plate with fruit, had a small piece of the apple tart and stayed "well-behaved." I focused instead on getting to be with some of the best people in the world. We've know each other more than 25 years and there's something comforting about being with people who know who that well!

Grad classes: I have finished 2 classes and signed up for 2 more. That will have me at 12 credits by the end of July, I'm looking for one more summer class to balance out the summer.

Time to get back to work...lessons and a mani-pedi this afternoon. My feet deserve it!

1 comment: