Monday, May 24, 2010

I love the weekends!

What a great weekend!!

Friday night was dinner at Garrison's in Montgomery.  (One more new restaurant!) Paddy, Heather and I shared homemade fried pickles and soft shelled crabs as appetizers and I had a very yummy skate wing for dinner.  It was accompanied by basil pesto mashed potatoes that were out of this world!  All the food was absolutely delish and made the hour drive well worth it.

Saturday was my morning to lounge and I did just that.  TV, fetch with the cat, good coffee.  I'm very easy to please most of the time!

I did a bunch of errands Saturday afternoon, bought a new nose ring, got a mani-pedi (french toes to spoil myself a bit), stopped at the farm market for some fresh produce and did a mini-workout.  Had to keep it easy to prep for Sunday morning's 10K.  Which I did...and then ruined by going out with Megan, Linda and Heather for dinner at The Captain's Table in Monroe and ended up being out until midnight!  Silly girls!  But, had a good time and even got to see some of my friends from Orange Cty later that night at the Right on Red show at GW's in Chester.

Sunday was 10K time!!  I did alright, thought not as well as I'd hoped.  It was the Marisa 10K at Rockland Lake, the proceeds go towards finding less damaging cures for cancer.  I ran a 1:11 which is a bit slow but better than not running at all.  I guess the 1:08 was really more like 6 miles even, not 6.2.  Possibly the best part of the race was when I was finishing my first of two laps and got passed by a flying green tank top....the man who won.  He ran the whole race in the time it took me to do the first half!!!  Totally insane and something I'll never be able to do, but I do admire that talent in others.  I often say that I'm not a great, fast or naturally gifted runner, I'm just stubborn.  BTW, who came up with mid-race photos as a good idea?  I look like death in all of the ones taken of me!!!

Sunday night officer BF came back from his weekend in the reserves and we had dinner with friends in Port Chester.  Can't tell you the name of the restaurant, but it was great!  It was Spanish-style cuisine, so we had ceviche to start and some stuffed clams and my chicken with mushrooms had tostones as a side.  I love those things!  Officer BF had a perfectly cooked steak with blue cheese sauce...heavenly!!  The company was excellent, we always have a good time with Will and Michelle.  Side note, looked up the name...it's Brisa Marina Bar & Grill.  I highly recommend it!!!

Today it's back to work.  It's a short week and I'm going to see Bon Jovi Wednesday night so hopefully it will go quickly.  Long weekend here we come!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on six miles! I've never run that far before - I'm trying to work up! Have fun at Bon Jovi!!

    ReplyDelete