Sunday, May 9, 2010

2 minutes can mean so much

Happy Mother's Day!

I cut 2 minutes off last week's time for my 6 mile run!  I know that I took it slow last week and that was the original plan for this morning.  However, I was feeling so good that on miles 4 and 5 I really felt like I could push faster, so I did.  Maybe next week I'll get to cut another minute off in preparation for my first 10K of the year on the 23rd.

Not too much going on with any of my other goals, just trying to have a good week and stay on track.  I have turned down cake 3 times in the last 4 days which is HUGE for me.  I absolutely love desserts.  Yesterday I spent a few hours icing a Dora the Explorer cake with my friend Heather for her niece's birthday.  I managed to avoid the cake scraps and the icing even.  Last night at a b'day party, Officer BF and I left before the cake (we'd already been there 3 hours, we aren't THAT rude) and I'd made a healthier apple crumble that I left there for the other guests. 

I do have a new recipe update...not healthy at all.  Buffalo chicken dip was a hit!  I had a couple of bites but made sure to sit as far away as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment