Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Adventures!

So, today I learned some basic rappelling and rock climbing stuff!!!  It was a great morning out with Officer BF and our friend Jim.  We were up on the mountain near TZ Rock (for all my locals!) and I got to learn about knots, carabiners, harnesses and who knows what else.  I did two descents and managed to get myself back up the slope both times.  It was a great time but I want gloves next time!  My hands are sore and tired...I used lots of muscles that haven't been used like that before.

Friday night was girls night with Heather and Linda.  Wine, cheese, crackers, fruit and Wii..it was so much fun.  I'm so lucky to have great friends at work.  They were a long time coming but totally worth the wait.  Question of the night: what is Mr. Potato Head's first name??  We think it's Matt...

Saturday morning Officer BF and I took the motorcycle up to the Renaissance Faire for his sister's birthday.  We had a great time with her and the kids and I tried mead for the first time.  Yummy!!  I was not aware that the first glass was such a big deal and there's an embarrassing video floating around somewhere of it...but it was fun.  Hands free drinking is NOT my strength!  The people watching at the Faire is half the fun and the Birds of Prey exhibit/show was a big hit.  The kids are so much fun to do stuff with...Danielle has GREAT kids!

It's back to school Wednesday for teacher meetings.  We have assigned seats at our staff meeting...I'm still not sure how I feel about that.  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. The meetings are worse then school itself!

    ReplyDelete