Monday, August 2, 2010

It's August already?

Okay, so it's been almost a month since I've written, but it's been a busy one!  I've moved, been to 3 different beaches and plenty of other stuff as well.  On the goals front, I've been to 1 new restaurant, will be dropping 3 bags of stuff off to Goodwill today and tried a new class at the gym.  I've read 7 books as well, I'll have to start a list of what I've read this week to check how I'm doing on the "literature" resolution.  Not too bad all things considered.  I dropped another lb, only to gain 2 back during my last beach trip.

So, here's the brief overview of July.  The week after the party I spent 2 days on LBI with my mom and aunt Eileen.  We had a lot of fun talking, swimming, reading on the beach, the usual beach activities.  It was nice to get a jump start on the summer with a couple of days away and I bought a new beach chair.  I think it's the first one I've bought that was actually worth buying and it's been well-used already.

After LBI it was home for a couple of days then off to DE with Officer BF.  We had a fantastic time...and totally forgot to take a single picture!  It rained the first day so we had time to relax, watch movies and unwind.  The next few days were spent taking a bike ride, going out to eat, visiting the beach/boardwalk and just enjoying being away for a bit.  We had a particularly funny lunch when I decided to teach the man how to crack crabs.  It did NOT go as planned...he wouldn't even try it after watching me start it off.  Turns out he's not a fan of do-it-yourself seafood.  So, that was a half dozen crabs just for me, YUM!  We stopped at the outlets on the way out of DE and did some serious damage.  We both needed some staples (tanks, Ts, etc) and picked up an ipod player for the condo as well.  I think it maxed out his shopping time for the next few months, but we made it fun.


The yearly family beach trip to NC was the next week.  I'll post photos instead of detailing what happened.  It was a great week, and a little crazier than expected...but that's another story entirely.  The highlights were the beautiful beach, Mom's b'day celebration, really hot morning runs and the fishing boat trip.

The fishing boat
Bluefish...the star of dad's ceviche


Electric Lemonades on the last night

The week since OBX has been spent moving.  All of my stuff is now out of Nyack and in PR.  I have my work cut out for me this week.  There are boxes and bags of stuff in the condo that need unpacking, more stuff that needs to be tossed or given away as I go through things and LOTS of organization to finish.  We're doing well with compromises so far, here's hoping that it continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment