Friday, September 3, 2010

Getting ready...

So I spent time Tues in my classroom and then had 2 work days Wed and Thurs at school.  I walked out at the end of our day Thursday with another teacher and we were both saying that though we felt as though there were more to do we didn't know what it was.  That sums up how I'm still feeling!

I've set up some music for each of my 3 grade levels.  I'm working on seating charts this weekend, though I know they'll change throughout the first week or two.  I'm trying to focus in on what the "other" stuff is that I have to teach in each grade level during the first quarter.  What are the music reading skills I'm supposed to teach?  How much sight reading is realistic to expect?  How can I tell (in a class of 50!) which kids are giving 100% and who needs to have the "more effort needed" comment on their weekly feedback slips?  This is the part of my job that I'm finding stressful this year. 

Considering this is my 10th year of teaching it's odd to be this much anxiety about the new year.  I know it's because I'm teaching new grade levels in chorus and a general music class I haven't taught before...but seriously?  When I am going to start sleeping through the night the week before school??  I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve but instead of just being excited I'm worried I'll forget something important....gggrrrrrr!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment