Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer vacay!

It's the first day of summer vacay here and I'm ready for the relaxation to begin. This past weekend was a whirlwind!

Officer BF and I went to a graduation and then boys/girls nights in Portchester on Friday.  Congratulations to Tishauna and her family!  The girls went out to dinner on City Island for Michelle's b'day.  So...check off one more restaurant.  Johnny's Seafood was a cafeteria style place with great fried seafood.  So much for the diet..but the fried shrimp and strawberry dacquari were well worth it.  YUMMY!!!

Saturday was Adam's B'day BBQ.  It's an annual event and this was my first year.  Heather and I made him and awesome Thundercats cake....it was a big hit!  I have to say, I'm so glad to have this people as friends, they make work more fun and have become real friends outside of work.
Sunday was a family BBQ at my sister's house.  It was her first time hosting the whole family and it was a great time.  Everyone always brings something and the menu was outstanding!!  There were chicken kabobs, dad's ribs (he even smokes them himself!), deviled eggs,, corn and green salads, yummy appetizers...a feast!  Erin commented that she loves hosting the family because she has so little cooking to do.  Everyone always brings something different....we're lucky to have a family of great cooks!  I made yellow cupcakes with chocolate ganache, a double duty new recipe this weekend.  Ganache is super easy and I think I like it better than chocolate buttercream for cupcakes.

This week begins the moving process.  We talked last night about moving furniture and storing extra stuff in the attic and basement of bf's building.  We're going to take the whole month to move me and I'm hoping it will be fun and not all work and stress.  I hate moving so much but I am excited about taking this next step.  Packing begins tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment