Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Full Week is DONE!

The end is in sight!  We have finished 170 days of school and have 1 full day and 9 half days left.  And, in a humid building without air conditioning...this is a VERY big deal.  Oh, and this building is filled with 2300 students from 6-8th grade so it smells amazing.  Love Spell, Axe and that special middle school scent...yuck!

Anyway, it was a very good week at school.  We watched Drumline with the band and Fame with the 8th grade chorus.  I think the kids liked the movies and some of them might even have found the idea of continuing music beyond middle school a good one.  I like that they both show how much work it can take to be successful, how reading music is important and that sometimes there are sacrifices that need to be made to achieve your goals.

Office BF is off to the army this weekend and I'm looking forward to a quiet day at home tomorrow.  I have to head to the gym and make a cake for a family BBQ Sunday but otherwise I don't have anything to do.  Catching up on DVRs, cleaning, playing fetch with Hazel are all on my list of stuff that I want to do.



Sunday morning we're heading out as a family to run across the GWB to help fight cancer.  We're running and walking in support of my brother-in-law Greg who is currently fighting melanoma.  It should be a good morning, though I am not looking forward to getting up at 6am!  Grossness!!  Then again, I shouldn't complain about getting up early with everything that cancer patients live through, I have it pretty good overall.  Guess it'll be early to bed tomorrow night...

And just in case anyone who reads this would like to lend their support to our cause, check out my website.  I love their idea that we can cure cancer and celebrate more birthdays, which is a reason for more cake!  And we know how much I love cake, more specifically, the icing.  There's an awful pic of me running (sort of) as inspiration, haha!  DetermiNation: Running to Save Lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment