Sunday, June 13, 2010

GWB Run a Success!

What a great day!  I started the morning at 5am (which was NOT the great part) and left for a run over the GWB with my family for the American Cancer Society.  We ran in support of my brother-in-law and had t-shirts, buttons, bandanas...we looked amazing.


I ran the 10K 5 minutes faster than the one I did 3 weeks ago, oh yea!  I don't know if it was the weather, the adrenaline of running over the bridge or a less-than-accurate course but I had a great run.  I felt good and had a good time.  There were a lot of hills in the 2nd half of the course, the last of which actually made me swear out loud.  It is just sadistic to put the steepest hill in the last mile of a run!

Post run we got together at my parents house for a BBQ.  Burgers, dogs, potato salad, taco salad and cake,  how can you go wrong?  It was nice to have Greg's family, our family and friends all together to support him.  I think he and Erin were both really glad to have everyone together at his halfway point.  I made the cake with a black ribbon (in support of beating melanoma) for each person who ran or walked today's course for Greg.


Dinner tonight was with the Will and Michelle over in Port Chester.  It was drill weekend for the BF so we always try to have dinner with them on the Sunday night after he and Will get home.  Michelle made meatloaf, roasted potatoes and a salad.  Her food always tastes so good!  The company was great and I got to eat dinner with my man in uniform.

Tomorrow is the last full day of school, yea!!   Then it's 9 days of finals, assemblies, study periods and locker clean-outs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment