Sunday, September 12, 2010

Whirlwind Week

What a week!!  I'm sitting on the couch this morning trying to enjoy my one lazy morning before it's back to a full week of school.  I have work to do on that later but for now, it's coffee and Project Runway DVR time!

Labor Day was nice and relaxed...hahahah!  I ended up making dinner for 10 and having a great time.  We invited our friend Michele and her 3 younger kids over for dinner and it blossomed from there.  Her hubby is away for a 6 week training class so we wanted to do something nice for them before the start of the school year.  It was the oldest boy's birthday so I had some serious work to do.  I ended up making arroz con pollo, fried chicken cutlets (at the request of the b'day boy!) spicy black beans and a big green salad.  For desert, a 3 layer yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  I think it was good meal, and I love having place full of friends.

Tuesday and Wednesday was back to school.  It was exhausting and a feel a little like I'll NEVER learn all their names.  However, there were many bright moments.  I have some very cute students and one of them is the son of a girl I worked with my senior year of hs.  Candy was talking about starting her family then...and now her little boy is in my class.  It's wonderful how that happens sometimes.  She was a GREAT person to work with and I'm excited that her son is in my class and made a point to introduce himself.  I could talk school for hours so I'll stop here.

Thursday was an errand running day that ended with a drive up to Little Falls.  Tristan turned 1 on Friday and we had a great time celebrating his b'day.  We had a great lunch with the family and the party on Friday nigh was fun.  Watching all the kids play together is always fun, and seeing Officer BF with them is so great.  We left right after breakfast yesterday to be home for a bridal shower at 2pm....more fun, friends and great food.




Today I'm singing at a local street fair with the Hudson Voices (1pm in Nyack if you're around!) and then home to help the man pack up for his week.  He's heading out to a class for work tomorrow morning and will be gone until Friday evening.  I'm gonna miss him...but won't miss having to share the TV!  I think I have enough going on this week with lessons, a new yogilates class and trying to get back on the workout plan that the days will fly.  I'm trying to be back on track with Sparkpeople, too.  Happy Sunday Funday!

No comments:

Post a Comment