Thursday, December 16, 2010

Turkey Dinner!

This past weekend I tried anther new 2 recipes!  I made my very first turkey and sausage stuffing.  I have never made either of these things before and it's amazing the amount of advice that people will give you.  I was told to brine, not brine, stuff, not stuff, season, use butter, use olive oil, baste, don't baste....the list was endless.  In the end, I did not brine.  I seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary, sage and olive oil, made sausage stuffing that I put in the bird and in a casserole and basted it and little less often than recommended.  Well, I should amend that.  I was at a performance in Yonkers, so my wonderful BF basted the turkey for me.

I had 4 performances last weekend.  Thursday was the COPD Foundation awards dinner, followed by the Roerich Museum Friday, Bronxville Library on Saturday and The Hudson River Museum on Sunday.  They were all great shows...and considering the personnel issues that we've been having with Sing We Enchanted, that was an accomplishment.  We had some fantastic substitute tenors and it made all the rehearsals worth it.  I remembered how much I enjoy the performances, something that has gotten lost in past years because I was so much busier.

So...even with the turkey, potatos and minced meat pie, I was down another .6% this week.  My cardio workouts have been increased (yay!) but the food stays the same.  If I can stay controlled this weekend in NC I think I'll be good.  I woke up this morning with sore shoulders thanks to Trainer Mike and I'm looking forward to tonight's workout.  I think I may have crossed into the insanity zone!  I have to say that it's nice to know that I have actually LOST weight this holiday season so far.

I am off to Raleigh tomorrow morning for Amanda Watson's wedding and I'm excited.  I picked up jewelry from my mom's last night (it's great having family to share with) and I think I know what I'm wearing.  With the rehearsal and wedding itself being very dressy parties I had some stress.  Oh, and I'm singing at the wedding so that makes me nervous too.  I just want to help make her day perfect.  The plan tonight is to figure out how to pack everything in one carry-on bag.  I'm flying back Sunday morning because I have my last concert Sunday night in Nyack and don't want to have to waste time in the baggage claim.  I HATE packing!

Next week...my b'day and Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment