Wednesday, December 1, 2010

'Tis the Season

Happy belated Thanksgiving!  I was lucky enough to start that day with a (slow) 5 mile jog at Rockland Lake with my sister and end it with an amazing dinner with my family and Officer BF.  The Turkey Trot is an annual event here and I think they said there were 2900 people running!  It's such a great way to start off a HUGE eating day and I love that even though I haven't run in ages I got out there anyway.  I'm proud of that.

I'm now getting ready for my busiest time of year, which I'm sure can be said for just about everyone.  I am singing two performances every weekend between now and Christmas including a wedding in North Carolina.  I'm so excited for Amanda and Nick!  It usually means that I put on a few lbs because I'm running here and there and don't think about what I'm going to eat.  The parties and receptions don't help either.  Have I mentioned how much of a sweet tooth I have? 

For my local peoples...Nyack Library, Dec. 19th @ 7pm  BE THERE!! 

To combat the food and insanity involved, I've started something to help myself be a "better me" this holiday season.  I have committed to working with a trainer at the gym twice a week and I'm working with a nutrionist as well.  I haven't lost much in the last 2 weeks since I started but I can feel a difference in my muscles and my energy.  It also keeps me honest.  When I have a "bad" week (Thanksgiving leftovers??) I know it and have to be accountable.  My only issue at this point is that I'm a little bored with the menu.  Last night we discussed some different dinner choices and the plan is to add different lunches next week.  It would be nice if this helped me finally reach my 20lb goal for the year but I don't think that's going to happen by Dec. 31.  I'll take 10 and be happy with that...and promise not to re-gain it next year.  Hopefully I'll have some good "recipes" to share in the coming weeks.  Tonight I'm just looking forward to sweet potato instead of brown rice.  Yippee!!

There is one downside...the stupid calipers I have to subject myself to each week.  I hate the damn things!  I try to think about the people on Biggest Loser and remember that their journey is way harder than mine so I have nothing to whine about, but it doesn't help me hate it any less.  Who really wants to know exactly how fat they are?????


So, I'll try for another entry this weekend and then on Wednesdays in December I'll check in with my fat % loss for the week.  Here's to a great last month of 2010!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment